Yep- you heard that right…Buffalo Chicken Egg Muffins that are PALEO! I could eat these for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! They really are THAT good!
Before I get to the good stuff (aka- the recipe), I just thought I would take a moment to apologize for abandoning you guys over the past few months. I’m sure I don’t have to tell most of you how crazy summers can be with kids at home. I felt like I went from “Busy Paleo Mom” to “Busy Paleo Mom Pulling Her Hair Out”! Thankfully, it is September again and I get to happily wave goodbye as the bus takes 2 of my children away each day! It really is a wonderful feeling!
Now back to food! On top of these muffins being delicious, they make for a very easy and quick breakfast on school mornings! Thank you to Milissa from my 9AM “Mom Squad” at the box for introducing me to this one!
Buffalo Chicken Egg Muffins by Balanced Bites
I tweaked this recipe quite a bit…here’s how I made it:
- 1(12.5 oz) can of chicken (I use the one from Trader Joe’s- just read your labels!)
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter (or coconut oil), melted*
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank’s- again read your labels!)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Get out 2 mixing bowls and a measuring cup
- In one bowl, break up your canned chicken and mix with garlic powder
- In the other bowl, mix together your eggs, green onions, salt and pepper
- Melt your butter (or coconut oil) in the microwave…yes, cavemen used microwaves! Once melted, fill your measuring cup the remainder of the way to the 1/2 cup line with hot sauce. Whisk together.
- Divide the hot sauce concoction evenly between your 2 bowls (the egg bowl and the chicken bowl).
- Spray liners in your muffin pan** and distribute egg mixture evenly between the 12 muffin liners. Then spoon the chicken mixture in the center of each muffin. It doesn’t have to be perfect. The egg will puff up around it!
- Bake for approx. 25 min.
- Devour…hot, cold…it doesn’t really matter!
*The original recipe calls for coconut oil, I thought it was coconut overkill. so I prefer the butter. Do whichever you prefer.
**These puppies stick! So use parchment or foil liners (I know foil is the devil, but they work great!) Or the Pampered Chef stoneware muffin pan works great too! Just don’t assume you can get by using regular paper liners or spray your muffin pan…you will be swearing me!