I love BLTs, but unfortunately they are not exactly “paleo-friendly”. That is why I was so pumped when I stumbled upon this recipe. You basically use a chicken breast as your bread! Hey, don’t knock it until you try it! It is super yummy! Pair this tasty “sandwich” with sweet potato wedges…so good!
This recipe was adapted from Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals: Delicious, Primal-approved meals you can make in under 30 minutes (Primal Blueprint Series) by Mark Sisson and Jennifer Meier
Chicken Breast BTLA
Ingredients (makes 4 sandwiches)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons paleo mayonnaise
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 pieces of lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados
- Cook bacon in skillet over medium-high heat.
- While bacon is cooking, butterfly each chicken breast by slicing lengthwise through the middle of the breast, leaving one long side connected.
- Once bacon is finished cooking, drain a little of the bacon fat (make sure you save some though!) Place the chicken breasts in the pan opened flat. Cook until nicely browned, 4 – 6 minutes, or until chicken releases easily from bottom of pan. Flip chicken breasts, cover pan, and continue cooking until done, approximately 6 – 10 minutes.
- Open each cooked chicken breast and spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on each side. Layer two slices of bacon, one piece of lettuce, tomato, and avocado. Fold chicken breast shut and eat like a sandwich!