My family loves Chinese take-out. The only problem is finding paleo-friendly Chinese take-out. That is why this dish is so perfect! My kids LOVE this and it’s pretty easy to make (ok, not as easy as ordering actual take-out, but still pretty easy!) This stuff also satisfies your carb cravings…you know, when you really want to cheat, but don’t want the stomach repercussions. I have to double this recipe for my clan, I would recommend doubling even if you don’t have a huge family….you WILL want leftovers!
Chicken Fried “Rice”
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2-3 tablespoons Coconut Aminos
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 head of cauliflower, steamed and riced*
- 3 green onions, diced
- dash of ginger
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Steam and rice your cauliflower*. Set aside
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in large pan over medium-high heat. Add your diced chicken and 1 tablespoons of coconut aminos. When chicken is cooked thoroughly, set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of coconut oil to pan, along with carrots and 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil. Cook until they begin to soften, approximately 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic, and cook until onions become transluscnet (approx. 3 min.)
- Add cauliflower and drizzle with another tablespoons sesame oil. Add green onions and 1-2 tablespoons of coconut aminos, and ginger.
- Add chicken back to pan. (I like to run the chicken in the food processor to finely chop it up before adding back to the rice.)
- Make a well in the center of your rice. Add 2 eggs and scramble. Incorporate into the rice as the eggs cook.
* Steam cauliflower florets your preferred method (I usually microwave for about 9 minutes or use my pressure cooker). Rice cauliflower by placing in food processor and running until your cauliflower resembles rice!