This is a recipe that became a family favorite back in our pre-paleo days. The only thing I had to change to make it paleo was spaghetti squash for angel hair pasta. I’m happy to say that it is still a family favorite!
Chicken Pasts Toss
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 1 handful chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds. Place squash cut side down on baking sheet with 1/2 cup water. Place in oven and bake for approx. 30 minutes. You will know when it’s done when the shell “gives” a little when you press it down. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Scrape out the flesh with a fork (should look like spaghetti noodles) Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in pan over med-high heat. when oil is melted, add chicken and crushed garlic and saute until it is cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients for your sauce to the pan and simmer about 10 minutes. Then add your squash and saute for about 5 more minutes. Throw in your chicken and cook until the chicken is heated.
- Throw it all in a big bowl and toss with extra-virgin olive oil. Enjoy!