Well, I am on the last day of my 21 Day Sugar Detox. It has not been fun, especially since I continued to make treats for the kids throughout the process. I have picked up a few new tips, a clearer mind, and think I might have kicked my wicked chocolate addiction…well maybe that’s pushing it! But here are some things I discovered:
- Squeezing lemon in water will help overcome nearly any sugar craving.
- Coconut Butter makes an awesome snack! here is how to make your own
- Drinking Decaf Green or Herbal tea at night helps to combat the munchies.
- Make sure you always have a variety of snacks on hand!
- If you are determined, you can do anything for 21 Days!
Here are some great recipes that I stumbled across during my detox:
- 21 Day Detox Creamy Green Apple Smoothie by PaleOMG
- Spinach Salad
- Sugar Detox Pumpkin Cake in a Mug with Chocolate Sauce by PaleOMG
Still need more reasons why you should kick the sugar habit? This is a great article to motivate you!