I have to be honest. I don’t necessarily care for cranberry sauce. It’s just not my thing, but I do recognize that it is considered a Thanksgiving staple. I also realize that traditional versions are loaded with sugar. With all this said, and the fact that my kids love the stuff…I decided to tackle a paleo version. Here’s what I came up with! I think it’s pretty tasty!
Paleo Cranberry Sauce
- Juice from 2 oranges (approx. 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 (12 oz) bag of fresh cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat juice and honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add cranberries. Simmer until cranberries begin to pop and soften (approx. 10 minutes) Continue to stir with a whisk occasionally.
- Remove from heat and place in a bowl. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
Note: You can make this a few days ahead. It will thicken nicely in the fridge!