These bad boys are delicious and great to take to any party. I have never had anyone complain that they don’t have breadcrumbs or cheese like traditional stuffed mushrooms. Face it, a good appetizer will never be turned away…even if it’s paleo and healthy!
Paleo Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 lb bacon, chopped
- 4 celery stalks
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 package white button or baby bella mushrooms (rinse and separate tops from stems, but do not discard either)
- 1 lb. ground beef or sausage
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- approx. 1/4 cup almond meal
- Cook bacon in medium skillet. While bacon is cooking, place celery, onion, basil. chives, and mushrooms stems in food processor and chop.
- Add food processor mixture to skillet with the bacon and cook until the bacon becomes crispy. Remove from heat and drain everything from the bacon grease. Put everything in a large mixing bowl along with the oregano, cayenne pepper, paprika, sea salt, and garlic.
- Cook up ground beef (or sausage) until no longer pink. Add to bowl with the other ingredients. Add almond meal until the texture is right.
- Stuff mushrooms with the meat mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes