This is such an easy recipe- especially if you already have your meatballs made up. It’s also a very fun way to eat spaghetti and meatballs!
- 2 spaghetti squash (I like to choose on the small to medium side for this)
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Meatballs (I use my Go-To Meatballs)
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (make sure it is low-sugar and gluten-free, I like Trader Joe’s Organic Marinara Sauce)
- Optional: Fresh Basil, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds. Drizzle inside of squash with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Place squash cut side down on baking sheet (with a lip!). Add about 1/2 – 1 cup of water. You basically want the whole pan covered with a thin layer of water.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes or until the shell gives a little when you press on it. Remove from oven.
- Place each squash in a bowl. Scrape the inside with a fork, but do not remove what you scrape from the squash. Top with meatballs and 1/4 1/2 cup of sauce.
- Garnish with fresh basil.