Spinach Artichoke Dip by PaleOMG
Where has this dip been all my Paleo Life! It is delicious! PaleOMG simply rocks! I have tried this recipe both ways (with and without the goat cheese) and they are both yummy so it is entirely your preference. With the goat cheese is obviously a little creamier, but not everyone likes goat cheese…so keep that in mind!
I did tweak this one a bit. The first time I made it, I didn’t have frozen spinach so I used fresh. Then I eventually tried it with the frozen, and guess what? I didn’t like it as much (it still didn’t keep me from eating half of it in one sitting, though). So I decided to keep making it with the fresh. Here’s what I do:
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 1/2 (14oz) cans artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 (6 oz) bags of baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup cashews, roasted and unsalted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- a dash of cayenne pepper*
- all of the ingredients above
- 2 ounces goat cheese at room temperature
- Melt about 4-5 T oil ( I used half coconut oil and half bacon fat…I love bacon fat!) in a pan. Add baby spinach and sauté until wilted. Then add your chopped artichokes and a dash of salt.
- While all this is going on, make you cashew butter in your food processor.
- Grind cashews in food processor until they become a flour then begin to pour in your olive oil until you get a creamy cashew butter consistency.
- When finished with cashew butter, add that and spices to pan a stir until heated through and mixed well.
- Serve with sweet potato and/or chips or veggies! I like Terra Chips Sweets and Beets
- Follow all steps above.
- Add goat cheese to your cashews and spinach and artichoke mixture. Mix well to combine.
*I am a wuss when it comes to hot stuff, so I only used a dash of cayenne pepper. I thought this was plenty.