With four kids, there is a lot of Easter egg coloring that goes on in my house…like 4 dozen eggs to be exact. One family can only eat so many actual hard-boiled eggs, which forces me to get creative. My kids love a creation that they call ” daddy eggs” for breakfast (see recipe below). It got this name because my husband introduced it…my name gets labeled onto nothing I might add!
I’m not a big fan of traditional deviled eggs, but thought I could probably come up with something edible. I like hard boiled eggs in salads…along with bacon, tomato and green onions…Viola! BOT Deviled eggs. Kind of like a BLT, but instead of lettuce I used green onions. Enjoy!
BOT Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3-4 tablespoons bacon fat mayo (you can use regular paleo mayo, but seriously…why would you?)
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 Roma tomato, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook up your bacon until crispy. Set aside to cool and then crumble. If you haven’t already made your bacon fat mayo,don’t discard the bacon fat! You will want to use it!
- Cut eggs in half and scoop out yolks into a medium bowl. Crumble the yolks up.
- Add mayo and blend until creamy. Then mix in your bacon, tomato, and onions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill your egg whites with the yolk mixture.
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon grass fed butter
- Salt and pepper
- Quarter each egg and place in a microwave safe bowl.
- Put butter on top
- Cook in microwave for 20-30 seconds PLEASE NOTE! Eggs will explode if you cook these too long!
- Break up eggs with fork and cook for 10-15 more seconds.
Season with salt and pepper