My husband’s favorite dessert is a thing call “Boo Boo Pie” from a little restaurant called Patti’s 1880s Settlement in Kentucky. It is filled with cups and cups of sugar, sweetened condensed milk and other yummy but awful, unhealthy things! Needless to say, he has not had this dessert since we went Paleo two years ago. Well, Christmas has come early for dear ole’ hubby this year with the discovery of this tasty treat! It tastes just like his beloved “Boo Boo Pie”. It’s fairly easy to make…again you are going to make friends with that wonderful food processor! That’s where you mix the entire brownie part!
Magic Brownie Bars by PaleOMG
Don’t miss your chance to win BeeFree gluten-free cookies and Paleo Warrior Cereal! Enter here.
I found this brownie recipe at http://paleomama.com/. It uses walnut butter rather than the typical almond butter. I like the flavor that the walnut butter brings, plus you’re getting your Omega-3′s this way, right? I was a little skeptical about actually being able to create walnut butter by simply using your food processor and some walnuts, but it worked! You just need to be patient. It took at least 5 minutes on high to reach that creamy consistency.
Walnut butter consistency
16 oz of walnuts
1 cup honey
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 tbs pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 oz unsweetened dark chocolate chopped
1 – 2 tbs coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 8 x 8 baking dish with coconut oil.
2. Pulse walnuts in food processor until smooth and creamy.
3. In a large bowl, beat an egg. Add in the nut butter and vanilla and honey and stir to combine.
4. Add in cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in chopped chocolate.
5. Pour batter into greased baking dish.
6. Bake at 325 for 30-35 minutes. It will puff up in oven and settle when it cools. To check doneness, insert a toothpick or knife in the center. It should come out clean.
Cool for 15 minutes and then cut and eat.