The kids and I had a great time making some fun Paleo-friendly Halloween treats this weekend. I just love being able to provide them with holiday fun and still be able to maintain our healthy lifestyle! Here’s what we cooked up!
Caramel Apple Bites
- 2 green apples (I used Granny Smith)
- 1/4 cup sunflower butter
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- Lollipop sticks
- Mini cupcake liners (optional)
- Place sunflower butter and honey in microwave-safe bowl and heat for approx. 1 minute or until the 2 ingredients blend together easily
- While your honey concoction is heating up, use a melon baller to scoop out apple balls from your apples. (I was able to get about 10 apple balls per apple)
- Remove your honey mixture and mix in the vanilla and coconut milk. This is your caramel!
- Stick each apple ball with a lollipop stick and dip in the caramel. Set each finished apple on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or a cupcake liner.
- Place in fridge for about 30 minutes to allow it to harden a little.
Spider Web Eggs by Babble
The kids had a blast attempting to make these! The finished product was a little disappointing, but we just don’t have a lot of luck with peeling pretty hard-boiled eggs!