My kids love Lara Bars. What’s not to love? They are sweet and easily portable. The downside is that they are rather pricey! That’s why I prefer to make my own whenever possible. I decided to mess around and come up with a fall inspired version.
Pumpkin Spice Lara Bars
- 1 1/2 cups of dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- pinch of Sea Salt
- Place almonds, pecans, and dates in food processor and pulse until everything is in small chunks.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse into mixed well.
- Remove from processor and form into ball.
- Place on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper. Press out with hands or roll out with rolling-pin until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Stick in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove and cut into bars.
Note: I prefer to individually wrap the bars in Saran Wrap when I’m finished and throw them in the snack bin in the fridge. It makes it easy for the kids to find and then they are still easily transportable!