I am well aware that the entire world does not care about Game 6 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Finals, but in my house it’s a big deal. Tonight’s game will be played on the big screen with lots of appetizers to enjoy! I decided to re-visit some of my Paleo/primal favorites! I have also re-posted my cocktail meatball recipe since I have tweaked it in the last few months! Enjoy….and Go Hawks!
Paleo Cocktail Meatballs
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 15 oz can tomato sauce, no salt added
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (gluten-free)
- Mix onion, almond meal, egg and spices together in a bowl. Add ground beef and mix well.
- Shape into small meatballs (golf ball size or a little smaller)
- In a skillet, melt oil and brown meatballs.
- Transfer meatballs to a small crockpot.
- in a small bowl, combine stock, tomato sauce and paste, maple syrup, chili powder and Worcestershire sauce and pour over meatballs.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with those pretty toothpicks!
My other favorite appetizers: