I love fall! I know I’m not the only one…every blog I have been reading lately seems to talk about this love of fall. If I let myself think about the fact that fall is a pre-cursor to winter, I start to get depressed. So that’s why i prefer to live in the here and now, and in present time…fall is awesome! You get to change your wardrobe, decorations, and even your cooking.
I love fall recipes! Pumpkin, apples, cinnamon- these are all favorite cooking ingredients for me. This recipe mixes apples with bacon!!! Shut the front door! I have yet to find a recipe that includes bacon that I didn’t like really…
Apple Bacon Pork Chops
- 4-6 pork chops
- garlic powder
- sea salt
- maple syrup
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb bacon, cubed
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 apples, peeled,cored and thinly sliced
- Sprinkle pork chops with thyme, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper (I didn’t measure just sprinkle on top of all the chops)
- Drizzle maple syrup and olive oil over the chops (again, I didn’t measure). Then rub on the chops.
- Let chops marinade for at least an hour
- Heat grill to medium. Once heated, place chops on grill
- While chops are on the grill, cook up your sliced bacon until it is almost crispy.
- Add shallots and cook until soft and translucent. Then add your apple slices and cook until soft.
- Serve pork chops with apple/ bacon mixture on top. Yum!