Growth Spurts! Why do my kids always seem to get these at the same time? I feel like I have 4 teenage boys living in my house right now. I have had to come up with extra meals to keep them full during this spurt in particular. Here are two meals that will be making a more regular appearance at our house.
- 2-3 lbs. chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 bag pork rinds
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs, beaten + 1 tablespoon water
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut oil
- Throw pork rinds in the food processor until they make a breading. Mix with the almond and flax seed meal, garlic powder, and salt
- Dip each chicken strip in the egg mixture and then the breading
- Melt coconut oil in pan over medium heat. Cook chicken strips about 4 minutes on each side or until they are no longer pink and are golden brown on the outside.
Note: You can also bake these in the oven 350 degrees F for about 20-30 minutes. I had sweet potatoes fries in my oven and I can’t multitask with my oven…Thanksgiving is my nightmare!
- Throw drumsticks in a gallon size Ziploc bag and dump a bottle of dressing over them. Let them marinade at least an hour or up to 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place drumsticks on a baking tray- discard extra marinade.
- Bake for approx. 1 hour or until they are cooked through (internal temp should be 165). Enjoy!
*Tessamae’s Salad Dressing are delicious, all-natural and PALEO! Try them out- they are wonderful!